Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why I Started This New Blog: Moving Towards My Passion

Some of you dedicated followers may already know this, but I wanted to share with the others why I started a new blog, when I already have two well-established ones which you might already know by now - The New Teacher Resource Coaching Center and my speaking website, www.DoritSasson.com





While wearing the "teacher's hat," I constantly felt pulled into two directions. I wanted to cater to teachers on my professional websites, but, I also wanted to explore the power of my life story having lived in Israel for 17 years and now, what this experience means personally, now that I am living in the States.

For many years, I choose the path of a "silent voice" - that is typical of immigrants like myself, who live in another country for an extended period of time.  During teacher meetings for example, I was afraid to share good ideas with other members of the staff. I often thought to myself, "I'm silent, nobody will listen to me anyhow, so why bother?"


While teaching English to Israeli schoolchildren was my biggest cultural shocker. Not only I had to worry about managing a classroom, I also acted as an Israeli, which fell at the expense of my authentic voice. 


Now I'm in the process of healing myself after several traumatic years.
It was exciting to see this blog finally coming to life. Immediately, I felt a sense of purpose, passion, and personal voice.

It was time for me to not be an outsider looking in, and not just to lead just teachers, but a worldwide story writing movement where I could give "a voice to the voiceless" for those students, teachers, writers and other professionals who are experiencing isolation on any level.

Since I am a writer, I decided I needed a place that is visible so that people could see what I am  creating – while it’s being created. My new blogsite made my vision real.

1 comment: